Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Our Big News

Yes, it is true. I am officially with child! Today I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I am feeling pretty good. I had a little bit of nausea the first few weeks, but lately, I have felt great, with the exception of a little fatigue. My belly is just beginning to expand, and it feels really weird. Justin and I told our parents a few weeks ago when they all came for a visit. They are all thrilled, of course. At about week 8, we went in for our first ultrasound. It was so amazing I actually cried. We could see its tiny heart beating. It was only about and inch in length. Our due date has been set for January 7, so it is possible that would could have a Christmas or New Year's baby. This Sunday we are planning to tell our friends at church. Apparently some of the women are already suspicious because of my little "bump" that is protruding. Oh well. We were going to try and keep it a secret until the end of the first trimester, but it looks as if that is not going to work. I plan on using the blog to keep everyone up to date with the pregnancy and birth. Justin and I are so excited, nervous, overwhelmed, etc. Please pray for us. Pray for a healthy child, a healthy delivery, and no complications. Pray for my doctor, Elizabeth Emig, that God would give her wisdom, and that she wouldn't be on vacation when I deliver!

We truly are blessed, and hope that we can see our faraway friends and family soon to share in our joy. Keep checking for more updates each week.

Peace.

Ashley

1 comment:

Micah Preston said...

umm....you NEED to update your blog with some preggy photos and news...come on ash! =)